We encourage healthy habit’s such regular dental care. We request parents/guardians to provide a tooth brush your child’s likes, if you’re interested in having your child brush their teeth. We highly recommend an early start at dental hygiene to assure over all health. You may opt out of this service by signing the Oral Health Non-Participation Form.
To help maintain a healthy and safe center, we ask for the cooperation and understanding of every parent. Please keep children home when they are contagious or not feeling well. Children sent home from the center must stay home the next day. This will help insure the health and comfort of all children and staff at the center.
- A temperature: A child with a temperature of over 101 degrees must stay home fever free (without the aid of fever reducers) for 24 hours. A child will be sent home, with a fever over 101.
- Strep throat: A child must be on antibiotics for 24 hours before returning to the center.
- Diarrhea or vomiting: A child with these symptoms must stay home until normal activity level is back and diarrhea and vomiting have stopped. A child will be sent home from the center after he/she vomits once or has two uncontained diarrheas.
- Pin worms, ring worms, head lice, scabies: Children can return to the center after one treatment, in no less than a 24 hour period.
- Ear or eye infections: A child can return to the center after being on antibiotics for 24 hours. A child on medication and running a fever cannot stay in school and will be sent home.
- Impetigo, conjunctivitis, scarlet fever, hand foot mouth, chicken pox: A child with these illnesses may return to the center with a doctor’s note.
Administration of Medication
Step by Step will administer non-prescription medicine; however, parental instruction and a note from a pediatrician is required. Step by Step will administer prescription medication with parental instruction if the name of the child is on the bottle. Parents/Guardians are responsible for providing and replenishing any required medications that are necessary to assist your child.
Step by Step encourages healthy choices. We work with Child Development Health & Nutrition to make sure every child gets a meal. We follow My Plate as a guide line to a healthy start. Whole grain, fruits & protein are some of our topic picks. We try to be low on sugar and encourage hydration. Our facility is Nut free. We do not provide or accept any peanut or tree nut foods in our facility. Please notify our staff of any food allergies you think your child may have as soon as possible. Suggestions are always welcomed. Parents may also supply there child their own meals/snacks. This is highly recommended if you have a picky eater, allergies or for infants. Please don’t forget to send food if you are taking that alternative, food is prepared for in advanced.